[3830] CQ WW RTTY KD7GTI SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd7gti@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KD7GTI SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:32:28 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KD7GTI
Operator(s): KD7GTI
Station: KD7GTI

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Gig Harbor, WA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:
   40:
   20:  739  1608      47      91    30
   15:
   10:
Total:  739  1608      47      91    30  Total Score = 270,144

Club:

Comments:

Wow, that was remarkable! Best propagation I can remember
here in the PNW. Usually can't work into Europe from here
with my antenna situation but on Sat it was coming thru solid
with no flutter all day. Ran my tightest filters all weekend.
Also used FSK for the first time. It's said AFSK is just as good (if set
up properly) but I really seemed to have a more solid operating experience with
much less knob tweaking and I'm sure my sig was cleaner. Wanted to try SO2R but
could'nt get the new setup to work in time so decided to go with 20 meters and
some sleep.
Biggest Surprises: called by 4Z4TL, R1FJL, and HZ1PS for all time new ones
  and for having SV9CVY tell me I had a "BIG signal"!
Frustrations: not closing the deal with ZS2EZ. Heard my call come back thru
  the chaos several times but never got copy of a confirmation and that was
  the only time I found him.  Also worked all states except for 6 of 8 here
  in 7-land. No close in propogation at all!!
Thanks for the Q's, Great Fun!

FT1000mp
TH6DXX at 25ft
500W