[3830] CQ WW RTTY J39BS SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pixie@spiceisle.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY J39BS SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:29:47 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: J39BS
Operator(s): J39BS
Station: J39BS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Grenada
Operating Time (hrs): 36

   80:   91   193       32      12     8
   40:  473  1023       51      48    21
   20:  578  1356       52      58    25
   15:  224   480       43      26    14
   10:   36    94        7       9    15
Total: 1402  3146      185     159    77  Total Score = 1,324,466

Club:

Comments:

EQUIPMENT :-
Transciever :-  Icom IC-765  100 Watts
Homebrew Soundcard Interface with FSK keying for RTTY
Antennas :-  Rotatable dipole for 20/15/10 Mtrs at 35 feet
                      Single dipole for 40 Mtrs at 30 feet
                      Single dipole for 80 Mtrs at 30 feet
QTH :- Approx. 800 feet Above Sea level

 Did not believe it. Wall to wall from 14.050 up to 14.130.

For once some good openings. Called CQ on 10 meters sunday evening
at 19:00UTC and was answered by CT1FJK with a good signal
followed by EA7HHV,EA7JTF,EA7KS and EA7ST in quick succession.
20 provided a good helping of JA's on Sunday evening. Thanks for the
3 pointers JA.
Had a frustrating time on 40 mtrs with EU stations who seemed intent
to cover up each other. They would just keep calling and calling while an
exchange was in progress. This no doubt will result in quite a few NILS
for some stations. Some other stations never waited for an ack of the
QSO. When I asked for a repeat, they were gone. NILS again.

It was really was good to see the level of tolerance and patience
displayed by the participants of this contest. Take a bow RTTY'ers.
Let me say thanks to all who had the patience to QSo this "peanut
whistle" station. It is appreciated. Special thanks to 3V8BB, CN3A,
VK6DU,TF8SM, VE9DX, KL2R for the mults. Of course thanks also
to the regulars from the U.S. and elsewhere. They know who they are.
Too numerous to mention.
Did work AA5AU. Good to see you in there. Good Luck Don.

Great contest and great fun. Only sorry did not get MT on 20 which
is the last state I need for WAS. Logs to LOTW by tomorrow.

See you next year.

Derek - J39BS