[3830] Salmon Run N7PP M2 Cnty DXped HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wjnjr@blarg.net
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run N7PP M2 Cnty DXped HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:01:00 -0700
                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: N7PP
Operator(s): K7LAZ, K7MO, AC7FA, KE7FKX
Station: N7PP

Class: M2 Cnty DXped HP
QTH: Garfield County
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:   83     130
   40:  126     213
   20:  319     756
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  528    1099     0  Mults = 132  Total Score = 568,920

Club:

Comments:

This year the South Hill Contest Club (N7PP) operated from Garfield County. Our
location was 30 miles south of Pomeroy at 6100' in the Umatilla National
Forest. Our campsite was near Misery Mt. and it certainly lived up to it's
name. On Thursday when we arrived it was 84 degrees, that night "the" storm
front blew in and the temperature droped 37 degrees for the rest of our stay.
One high point was on Sunday when the temperature rose to 38 degrees. We
operated from two camps (CW & SSB) spaced 1000' apart. The antennas for each
camp were SteppIR two element beams at 50' and 80 and 40 meter dipoles. We ran
HP with no RFI problems between stations. For logging we used N1MM networked
between the two camps with a WiFi link.
Operators: Harry K7LAZ, Nick K7MO, Don AC7FA, Linda KE7FKX, Clay K7CR.
Next year we are looking for a county with cabins.
73,
Nick Winter, K7MO Trustee SHCC