[3830] SAC SSB OG7X(@OH7M) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mikko@oh4xx.com
Subject: [3830] SAC SSB OG7X(@OH7M) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 00:59:46 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB

Call: OG7X
Operator(s): OG7X
Station: OH7M

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Finland
Operating Time (hrs): 21

   80:  184    33
   40:  289    44
   20: 1160    70
   15:   26    19
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1658   167  Total Score = 662,155

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Prepapration for this contest was a pain. After CW leg we had some work to do at
OH7M constest site. high band tower was stuck to EU direction but fortunately
Ari OH7MHL found suitable motor and Timo OH7MS did spend Friday to fit new
motor to tower and tightennig guy wires. In order to get Esa OH7WV on air
during the SAC I spend Friday evening and Saturday morning at my home QTH to
set up remote connection. Finally we did manage to get the connection working
but it turned out that connection from Zhanghai to Finland was not good enough
in order to use remote station. sigh.. I was already tired and my schedule was
a bit compromised and I was way behind actual plan. I arrived to OH7M site abt
hour prior contest start and I had to climb to tower to finalize maintenance.
Station was a bit messy after CW leg so  I had about 20 minutes to build the
set up for SOAB, I think I was ready one minute before the start :D  First 5 to
6 hours went just great, the 20 meters was hot and I was  getting ahead with
other SOAB's, NA propgation was good so I managed to work over 700Q before
moving to lower bands. during the night time I jumped between 80 and 40 ans
some peaks on 20. 00Z I had over 1100 Q so it looked good..At 2130Z I was like
zombie, could not keep awake and I thought maybe short nap would help which
eventually was 3 hours (there goes the lead :( ). Quite a bit same what happen
last year .Early hours Sunday morning were painfull and I think I  mistake
moving to high bands too early. There is no station automation nor SO2R stuff
at OH7M so band change is always time consuming and moving multipliers is not
that simple, you can do it but most likely you end up to loose your spot. I did
manage to move couple of them however not enough as you can see my multiplier
total. Congrats to Tomi (@OH0Z) and Pertti (@OJ0B).

Thanks for the QSO's and cu in next one.

73,

Mikko OH4XX / OG7X