[3830] WAE SSB JH3PRR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, JH3PRR@ARRL.NET
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB JH3PRR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 09:20:07 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: JH3PRR
Operator(s): JH3PRR
Station: JH3PRR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kobe Japan
Operating Time (hrs): 27

   80:   24          52
   40:  278   137   114
   20:  667   754    90
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  969   891   256  Total Score = 476,160

Club: Scientific Contesters

Comments:

>From Mon 8, I was visiting Hamburg. Fri 13 afternoon, I left HAM for Japan via
LHR with four spiderbeam 12m fiberglass poles as souvenir. Sat 14 evening, I
arrived at home and started operating WAEDC. While running on 20m, I checked
15m every 30minutes in vain. I aimed at 1k Qs but could not make it. If I could
run on 75m longer, it might be possible as I needed only twenty more Qs. The
first day, JA2KIW kindly made me run on his freq 3799.5 and I could make 13 Qs
and also S&P 6 Qs including OH0X on split and M6T. However it just did not
happen on the 2nd day although I heard lots of S9+ EUs. My signal on 75m
appeared to be weak in EU although I ran 1kW into 4SQ. Those who worked me on
75m should be proud of their excellent ears! Well, next time, I will probably
run on 3801-3805 and QSX down. Anyway, I enjoyed WAEDC very much and would like
to thank you all. Next year, I will try 1k Qs from the FAR EAST hopefully with
more help from the sunspot! de Masa, JH3PRR,  http://JH3PRR.COM