[3830] PaQP WI2E/3 Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joseph.obrien@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] PaQP WI2E/3 Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:02:57 -0700
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: WI2E/3
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NHA
Operating Time (hrs): 22
Radios: SO2R

  160:   10      4
   80:  152    203
   40:  146     68
   20:   65     13
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
-------------------------------------
Total:  373    290      0        0  Mults = 120  Total Score = 113,180.0

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs and to the Nittany ARC for organizing this
event. My score includes 7 QSOs with W3OK.  Conditions were challenging, but
that seems to be the order of the day. This was the third event where I've made
a significant effort from my new QTH here in Bethlehem Township, and each one
(IARU, CQP, and PAQP) has seen some sort of geomagnetic disturbance make
conditions more unfriendly than they'd been during the week leading up to the
contest. That said, I had a great time.  I certainly should have called CQ more
often during the early hours of the contest, and I definitely need to figure out
how to make a yagi happen here as I just don't have much of a signal/ears on
20M.  My award for loudest signal goes (by a wide margin) to Don, KC3II,
operating W3OK on 15M & 10M SSB.  I was caught off guard by his booming CQ on
Saturday--for a second there I thought we had quite an opening underway--but
the explanation turned out to be that Don lives 5 blocks away from me! My
primary goal was to break the 100k barrier (which it seems I achieved), and I
have a long list of station "to do's" to improve for next year, making this a
successful outing in my book.  Thanks again to everyone for the QSOs.  73 de
Joe, WI2E

Rig #1: TS-940S
Rig #2: TS-430S
Amp:    AL-80A
Ant #1: 43 ft. DX Engineering vertical (160M - 10M)
Ant #1: Hy-gain AV-14AVQ (40M - 10M)
Log SW: N1MM