[3830] TBDC K7RAT(N6TR) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K7RAT(N6TR) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:35:53 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K7RAT
Operator(s): N6TR
Station: N6TR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Boring, OR
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 298  Total Score = 2,021

Club: Boring ARC

Comments:

A very nice night - stayed up for the whole thing which I haven't done in some
time.  The QSOs kept coming through.  Worked three Europeans (G4AMT, UA4LCH and
SP5DRH).  Heard one or two others, but the opening seemed really spotty.  Nice
to hear OA4TT on, along with a couple of ZLs, VK3IO and three VK6s (at 30
points each).  VK9DWX knew their grid square for 23 points and I worked 25 JAs
plus RW0CR.  However, T33ZZ only came up with "T30" for their grid, so no luck
there.

It felt like activity was much more solid than the previous running and a great
warm-up for the main event coming in December.

Rig: Elecraft K3 + pair 3-500Z to loaded tower with some parasitic reflectors
for a couple of directions - but mostly used in omni mode.  Various beverages
for receive.