[3830] CQWW SSB W0YK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W0YK SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:10:24 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W0YK
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: W0YK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

  160:    6     5        5
   80:   82    18       19
   40:   62    20       29
   20:  836    31      103
   15:  144    21       44
   10:    2     2        2
------------------------------
Total: 1132    97      202  Total Score = 873,678

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I don't do phone contests, but a new firmware revision for the K3 was released
to field test at the beginning of CQWW so I decided to use the contest to
exercise it and also to work some of the contest expeditions on as many bands
as possible.  HC8A was the only one I got on six bands.  I never heard 8P5A on
ten meters.

Saturday afternoon I turned the 20 Yagi to Asia and had a ball running for
several hours.  So I got up early Sunday and ran 80  to Asia for a few minutes
and then again on 20 Sunday afternoon.  I just don't get 40 phone ... does
anyone enjoy that??  Anyway I got sucked into more hours than I planned but it
was fun.  Listened to the US East Coast running EU on 20 and most of the
stations worked were not present in my radio.

Anyway, thanks for the QSOs again.

73,
Ed - W0YK