[3830] CQWW SSB VE6EX SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dlazar@telusplanet.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE6EX SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 18:59:59 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE6EX
Operator(s): VE6EX
Station: VE6EX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 41.5

  160:   62     3        4
   80:  271    13       19
   40:   62    13       18
   20: 1087    24       74
   15:  594    16       33
   10:    0
------------------------------
Total: 2076    70      174  Total Score = 932,883

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Friends in contesting:
   Well that certainly was a great weekend ; all considering. I went into this
hoping for greater than 2000 q's, 1 mil and a new record time for me in the
chair (more than 36 hrs). Two out of three are'nt bad. But I guess I missed the
biggie' by a bit. Not enough time in the chair!!!
   Hi points were working Martti L and Jim N in with the rest of us.
   Lo point was getting turned down by a local self appd poobah on a move to 10
to get a double mult and one Q (for us both) DUH!!!. And it was'nt even on cw!!!
That was after me doing his nopointer etc...DUH!!!
   I had two minisleeps and one coffee bk and all went by in a blur. Lots of
snow in Banff and skiing in a few weeks....
   VE6EX was:
   Somewhat detuned deltaloops for 20 and 15 by our last big chinook winds;
with slopers for 40, 80 and loaded tower for 160. My 5el for 10 did'nt pay at
all tho' I pumped lots of KW to get a call but no luck...
  Pr of HB 3-500s at generally a kw everywhere.
  Ts940sat x2 to run split on 40 + insurance
  Dos computers  networked with TRLOG, still the best. The rest is all computer
tech and ham radio fluff... no so2r or other cool stuff.
   Thanks for the Q's and see you next c'test.
   Dan VE6EX..