[3830] CQWW SSB N4PN(@W8JI) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N4PN(@W8JI) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 20:36:59 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: W8JI

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Barnesville, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 34

  160:
   80:
   40: 1358    31      119
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1358    31      119  Total Score = 512,550

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

What a great experience operating from Tom, W8JI's station...every time
I go there, I see more towers and antennas...3/3 on 40m sure does work
well. Mark V and AL1200 never missed a beat. Few mults showed up like
ZS9X & 9L0W to mention a couple...on Sunday evening with no where to
find anything that resembled a clear frequency, I called CQ on 7142
and pulled a few out thru the noise at the end...one was Foxtrot Bravo
but couldn't get the rest of the call...told him to try again in a few
minutes....he kept calling...it was GU6EFB for my 119th country...Thanks
OM as you could have given up.
Worked at least a half dozen VK6's....three YB/YE stations all within
a few minutes of each other on Sunday morning...HS0AC, 9M8Z, VR2C heard
but never found them listening in the US band!!
Nice pile up of JA's for a few minutes around SR also on Sunday morning.
40m phone contest is the "tuffest" band by far. Maybe next year will
finally be better with a lot of the commercial stations moving away.
Fun operating with Fred, WW4LL this year - he was single band 80m..
Again, thanks to Tom, who keeps this incredable station all together
and working without a hiccup...