[3830] CQWW SSB EA5KV(@EA5ELT) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB EA5KV(@EA5ELT) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 06:24:41 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: EA5KV
Operator(s): EA5KV, EC5KXA, EA5GS, EA5ON
Station: EA5ELT

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Torrent
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   44     5       32
   80:  449    18       83
   40:  975    28      109
   20: 1590    36      137
   15: 1229    37      123
   10:  105     9       33
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

This was our first formal contest as the Torrent Contest Club. Been preparing
since July and had innumerable visits from Murphy during that whole period and
only thanks to the hard work and consistency of the team members were we able
to put on a decent show. Even as late as last Tuesday EA5GIE was installing
another rotator on the mult beam after the Ham IV burned out yet again. A few
small visits from Murphy during the test, some problems with the new 6 pack, a
couple of computer crashes, intermittent internet connection, the 850 amp relay
gave up (we had a spare 850, thankfully), the traps on the Explorer started
arcing over againâ?¦

Fun moment: while I was running on 15 the computer crashed. So, EA5GS gave me a
piece of paper where I logged while he rebooted and brought everything back up
again. By that time I had a fair list on the paper, so EA5KV was reading over
my shoulder while EA5GS transferred from paper to PC. The problem was that as
fast as he logged, I was still working stations, so it took a while before he
caught up with me. When he finally gave me the nod to log on the PC again, I
logged 3 contacts and then the band diedâ?¦.

Another fun moment: on the mult station, every time a mult fell, the op would
stick up their hands in delight and dance on their seat. At one stage late
Sunday, I just worked a mult on 160 and EA5KV a double on 40. So there was a
moment of all hands in the air and everyone dancing and falling about with
laughter at the spectacle. One of the reasons we like multi op contests!

Learnt a lot and hope to be on again soon with improved signals and
reliability. Thanks to everyone who made this possible and thanks to all for
the Qs, the patience, and making this FUN!

Rigs:

FT 2000 (run)
TS 850 (mult)

Amps: