[3830] CQWW SSB G6H(@M0ITY) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jiri@lwss.co.uk
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB G6H(@M0ITY) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:39:34 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: G6H
Operator(s): M0ITY,GI0RTN,M3WMV
Station: M0ITY

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Harlow (Essex) JO01B
Operating Time (hrs): 20.5

  160:    2     2        2
   80:  268    11       74
   40:   96    15       45
   20:  355    25       67
   15:  280    23       36
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------
Total: 1000    76      225  Total Score = 696,514

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Having special visitor GI0RTN on board was great fun. He came straight from
wedding in dinner suit and bow tie!!!
We didn't expect too much and just wanted to hear QRM and splatters so we were
grateful for some positive comments and good runs on all bands. Modified
tribander on longer boom with proper tuning and 50-60ft up did better job than
anyone would expect with confident runs to west coast US on 15 and 20.
On 40 suprise to work always everything we hear (excl.station running only US
RX above 7200kHz!!!) and 80m as biggest surprise due to 1/8wl vertical +
radials yelled 268Qs and BIG SIG reports.
Thank you for support from Dave M3WMV for getting station ready on hardware
level and spending lot of time hanging with me on Tower and drinking lot of
tea.
Thanks to Gerry GI0RTN for sticking it out in bow tie for whole night when I
got ban from YL (not to mix with prefix!) and for letting me do excellent 15m
run to US. It was great fun and you will see me in CQ WW CW for sure..I am just
not sure if G6H would be good choice this time hihi.

73 all

Jiri M0ITY/OK2IT