[3830] CQWW SSB RZ3AXX(UA9BA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ua9ba@mail.ru
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB RZ3AXX(UA9BA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 03:46:46 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: RZ3AXX
Operator(s): UA9BA
Station: RD3AF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MOSCOW
Operating Time (hrs): 46.5

  160:  119    11       45
   80:  622    29       92
   40: 1296    36      119
   20: 2067    38      125
   15:  625    23       72
   10:   22     6       10
------------------------------

Club: Ural Contest Group

Comments:

My initial plan was to operate single band 20m in order to beat a 29 year old
record set by Larry UA6HZ, but the UA1-6 machos-muchachas wanted me to go in
for the real man's trial - SOAB. My only doubdt about going SOAB was based on
the absence of the SO2R set at RD3AF's current station. So I knew if I go SOAB
I will have to compete against well packed SO2R guys (machos-muchachas) like
RL3A (op.RV3BA), RM3F (op.UA3DPX) and RW1AC. On the other hand though was much
more fun and a fierce competition with the residents of Russian zone 16 and the
challenge of breaking the main zone 16 record for SOAB of 5.3M set by RK4FF at
previous sunspot miximum. So, It was a last minute decision to go SOAB instead
of Single Band 20m. It was a classic SOAB 1(ONE) RADIO operation like many many
years ago. The most challenging thing about such operations is to be able to
maintain throughout the contest ballance between runs and multiplier S&P that
will produce the highest possible score under given conditions. I had a GREAT
station to fly (see some of it on http://www.rz3az.atk.ru), and somehow I felt
pretty confident about my chances of winning the zone 16 competition. Band
CONDX were good and I had GREAT FUN!!!
   Valery RD3AF, thank you big time for letting me use your super station!
   Alex RZ3AZ, thank you big time for staying with me all 48 hours and
providing technical support.
   All who made it into my log and those that didn't thank you too.
   73's & GL, Willy UA9BA