[3830] CQWW SSB VC6R(@VE6SV) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gkosmenko@arrowspeed.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VC6R(@VE6SV) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:40:39 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VC6R
Operator(s): VE6GP  VE6RST  VE6WQ  VE6SV
Station: VE6SV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Sherwood Park, AB
Operating Time (hrs): 44

  160:  163    10       14
   80:  312    20       40
   40:  251    26       73
   20: 1793    37      139
   15:  700    24       65
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

The VC6R team had a great time. The first 24 hours with the very quiet magnetic
field produced some outstanding low band propagation for us. Sunday morning we
experienced a loss of prop due to the earthâ??s magnetic field becoming more
active.

Saturday we had local winds reaching 100KM/hr that made us very nervous in
turning yagis and we had some damage that we repaired on the go.Our deep
â??over the poleâ?? openings were very much down this year. The 10M  band
showed us no life at all.

The 40M band continues to frustrate us as we seem to receive European signals
S9 plus a lot. Yet they continue to CQ us in our face. Maybe in April 2009 with
Europe having access to 7100 â?? 7200 will help them hear us!

73, VC6R Team
www.ve6sv.com