[3830] CQWW SSB GZ0F(GM4AFF) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB GZ0F(GM4AFF) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:17:00 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: GZ0F
Operator(s): GM4AFF
Station: GZ0F

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Shetland
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:  121    10       47
   80:  503    17       64
   40:  469    19       80
   20: 1040    27       86
   15:   50    15       30
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

This was a real struggle from start to finish! Shetland experienced the highest
wind speeds of the year on Saturday night (93 mph) and I never did get the main
mast and tribander up in the air. But thank goodness, because it would have
fallen down in those winds! Propagation from 60deg North is always poor and
this weekend was no exception - 10m never opened, and 15m was wierd with
signals coming and going all the time. I sometimes felt like a distant voice in
the wilderness with a trapped vertical and my trusty HF2V. It was impossible to
get a run going on any band and to add to everthing else the power failed on
Saturday for 10 hours! And the trip home on the ferry was pretty exciting too.
But would I go back? - yes indeed! I really enjoyed myself in spite of
everything. Thanks for all the QSOs - it was a real thrill to give a lot of old
friends the GZ mult.
73
Stewart
GM4AFF