[3830] CQWW SSB NR5M M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bbradford1957@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NR5M M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:27:45 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): NR5M  NM5M  WX0B  K5GA   AD5Q  W5PR  W5MJ  W0MM  KZ5KG
Station: NR5M

Class: M/M HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   98    14       38
   80:  366    27      100
   40:  763    32      112
   20: 1226    39      146
   15:  781    36      118
   10:  144    13       23
------------------------------

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

We are very pleased with our first major operation from the new NR5M station. We
are also very pleased with our multiplier total, but we obviously need more Qs.

Unfortunately we could not get a full team of operators and could not man all
bands 100% of time, but felt a multi-multi operation would be the best plan in
order to give the station a shake out which was a top priority.

We lost indication on 4 rotors which hurt us, especially when long path opened
Sunday morning and couldn't turn the tall yagi in the dark. Hopefully this
issue will be fixed before WW CW.

The 160 meter steerable vertical was not completed in time, but had no choice
but to use it. We were beat out numerous times in pileups, but this antenna
will be 100% functional thanks to Jay WX0B's efforts. He got it completed late
Sunday afternoon.

We only had beverages in the NE NW and SE directions. Ken KZ5KG got all 8
directions completed late Sunday afternoon.

The BIG hit was the dual 4-square on 80 meters. I do not recall ever reaching
100 countries from W5 on 80. This antenna really works.

Thanks for the great time and we'll see everyone in the CW version hopefully
with a 100% complete station.

Thanks also to George NR5M for the opportunity to operate, and a special thanks
to the Eddie and Dale for keeping us fed.

73,

Bill  K5GA

10 meters.....Icom 7800 - Alpha 77 - 8/8/8/8 OWA

15 meters.....Icom 7800 - Alpha 77 - 7/7/7/7 OWA

20 meters.....Icom 7800 - Alpha 77 - 6/6/6/6 OWA

40 meters.....Icom 7800 - Alpha 77 - 4/4 OWA

80 meters.....Dual 4-square phased with Comtek Control System

160 meters....Steerable 1/4w vertical