[3830] CQWW SSB VE7IN SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE7IN SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:00:33 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7IN
Operator(s): VE7IN
Station: VE7IN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): ~20

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    9     5        4
   40:   35    13       24
   20:  276    21       45
   15:   28     8        8
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

Well I had hoped to do a bit better for a casual mostly S&P entry as I get back
into doing more contests again. Score was worst then last year and more time
spent.

I guess I should have known it might not go as well when I was heading down to
the shack and suddenly the house went very quiet, terrific, a power outage and
the weather is nice, now what?

The power came back up about 40 minutes later. I started the tuning around to
see what was  coming through. Still need to do a number of repairs here, but
was looking to do not to bad then later Saturday afternoon found out the side
mount 15/10 wouldn't turn(sigh) I tend to home it against the tower which means
the antennas face West.

Oh well next year. I did make some nice mults and especially pleased with some
of the zone 38 mults that made it in the log. The one kind of high light was
working JH1OGC on 80m around 0800Z Sunday morning, he must have great ears, my
80m antenna not optimal for JA and running 100watts.

Thanks all for the Q's.