[3830] CQWW SSB VU2PAI(VU3DMP) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vu2pai@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VU2PAI(VU3DMP) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 01:50:56 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VU2PAI
Operator(s): VU3DMP
Station: VU2PAI

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MANGALORE
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:
   80:   47     9       30
   40:  126    22       60
   20:  613    35      117
   15: 1004    30      106
   10:    4     4        4
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Its always amazing to see the heavens open up for the CQWW! 10 meters was a
complete DISASTER this year, never before has 10 been this bad as far as my 13
years of contesting goes. Operated from a farm house which belongs to Chandra
VU2RCT,  about 50 miles from my qth. When we plugged in our radio on friday
evening to setup the station i almost dropped off my chair.. there was no
noise... no BAND NOISE AT ALL !! period.. wish the band was so quiet in my
shack where the local city static can be s9 + at times :-( ....

15 meters turned out to be THE band ! 40 meters and 80 was disappointing on
saturday night. but boy did it come alive on Sunday night!! i was having great
fun on 80 meters! and worked many a new dxcc ones for my 80 meters dxcc. I
think there was good participation from plenty of vu's this year, specially
when you have vu7,vu2 and vu4 on the air at the same time!! has never happened
before..
Will appreciate any comments from the stations who have worked me or heard me
in the contest..Special thanks to VU3DMP for joining me in the M/S effort and
of course to VU2RCT. Thanks also to VU2PTT who has been my guru for many years
now..
See you all in CQWW CW.. hmm my fingers are twiching already hi hi.. coz CW is
my first language lol

73
Pai , VU2PAI (ALSO VU7LD/VU2PAI DECEMBER 2006)

vu2pai@gmail.com