[3830] CQWW SSB ON4UN(K2UO) SOSB(A)/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB ON4UN(K2UO) SOSB(A)/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 12:56:28 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ON4UN
Operator(s): K2UO
Station: ON4UN

Class: SOSB(A)/160 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160: 1342    17       90
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1342    16       90  Total Score = 178,797

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

My friend George, K2UO, a dear friend of mine for more than 30 years, finally
made it over here to do the long promised contest on 160m. He did really very
well, I think. With 90 countries on SSB, that is a very good score. Best DX
were HC8A and N7UA. George worked 133 North American stations, including
stations from Ca., Wa., Az., Ut., Wy., Nv. and 2 stations from the (as they
say) hard to work state of North Dakota! Antennas and equipment performed
flawlessly. The new K3 is FANTASTIC! George told me he would order one
immediately upon his return home! We had the 12 Beverages up with new feed
systems and relay boxes (all vacuum relays now, to get rid of contact oxidation
problems). The TX antenna is still the old trusty (39m tall vertical). See you
in the CW contest! Thanks to all of you who gave us a point. Sorry if you
called us, and if we did not hear you.  73  John, ON4UN