[3830] SS CW K6YT(W0YK) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W0YK@msn.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K6YT(W0YK) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 19:13:50 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6YT
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: W0YK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  203
   40:  462
   20:  429
   15:  147
   10:    0
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I got my "SS Sunday" out of the way on Saturday.  Everything went wrong.  It
took me three minutes to work the first QSO.  I couldn't get established on 20
so I retreated to 15.  There was a mild rain storm going on, our first of the
season, of course on SS weekend.  The rain static was horrendous at times,
completely obliterating all signals in the bands.  Then, the power went out
about a dozen times Saturday afternoon and evening.  It didn't stay off long,
but of course the Alphas had to go through their three-minute wait.  Sorry to
everyone I left hanging.  I got lots of practice finding new run frequencies!

So it looked bad for making my pledge of 160K points to the club.  But later
Saturday night things calmed down, the rain static left and the power stayed
on.  I only worked three QSOs on 20 Saturday, going straight from 15 to 40 in
the afternoon.  40 and 80 were great all weekend with nice long skip and strong
signals.  Gotta love those QRPers on the low bands.  Some of them were obviously
cheating by using good antennas because their signals were amazing on 80 and 40.
 ;>)

Starting Saturday night I began clawing my back to the original goal and
conditions were supportive of me making it.  I never ran on 15 Sunday, just
shooting Packet spots there.

The number of suspect PVRCers was astounding.  I'm afraid to look at the
section statistics.  The club rivalry is very healthy for the competition.
Thanks for all the QSOs again.

73,
Ed - W0YK