[3830] SS CW K6CTA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6cta@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K6CTA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 19:35:57 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6CTA
Operator(s): K6CTA
Station: K6CTA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SF
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

------------
  160:
   80:    9
   40:  124
   20:  109
   15:  214
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I had not done a good job of planning this year, and wound up with some
commitments over the weekend which impacted my radio time. However, I wanted to
get on and put in some points for the club. But, once I started, I found this to
be one of the more enjoyable SS contests that I have been in over the past 4
decades. I think that the new K3 had a lot to do with that. What a great
contest rig. With no real plan in place, I was not looking for any particular
mult, letting most of them come to me as I ran. After I got back on late Sunday
morning, I quickly was up to 75 mults, and then realized that a sweep was
possible. Of course, panic set in due to the fact that I needed a few that I
figured were long gone (from a propagation standpoint). Plus, I was trying to
max the score in a minimum time, and was running. It's always a question when
to stop running and tune around for a mult. In any event, a VY1 called in,
which really got me amped up, so I decided to tune to see if I could track down
the few that I needed. Found a few more of the missing sections, but wound up
missing NL and EWA. And, I had to take off most of the afternoon for one of the
prior activities. Still lots of fun. And, I am really thrilled with the
performance of the K3.

Thanks for all of the Q's.

Equip:

Elecraft K3