[3830] SS CW K0TG(@W0LSD) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K0TG(@W0LSD) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 21:03:56 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0TG
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: W0LSD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 23:37

------------
  160:    0
   80:  361
   40:  456
   20:  358
   15:   21
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

What a blast!  Had a great time on this one. Nice to be loud for a change.

There were two firsts for me on this one.

#1 First CLEAN SWEEP!!!

#2 First SO2R operation

We were out in Colorado on vacation and luckily the person that normally
operates from W0LSD's Cabin opted out.  So we extended our stay (Instead of
driving back during the contest).  Lucky me, I get to come home from Colorado
and get back on a plane three days later for work to go to Denver for the week.
 Well, that will lead into SS SSB from W0LSD.  Staying a longer weekend.
Check out Ken's place at: http://lostcreekcabin.com/

The MicroKeyer 2R+ is a sweet machine!  I had a little RF problems with it, but
I cannot fault the box for that.  It came out of it fine, but cost me some prime
time Sunday AM on 40.

If you have a MicroKeyer, take great care of the cables.  I had a problem with
my cable and it turned out to be a broken wire.  Would you expect that they use
SINGLE STRAND wires in that thing??  They do.  Cheap, but saves size.  So
beware.  Thanks to Bob, W0BV for the assist (3rd and 4th hands) on getting that
fixed for the test.  I'm glad my Wife had her magnifying light along to assist
with that project.

SO2R is great!  I'm glad  made the leap.  It was really handy for the 2nd day
when things were slower.  No stats yet on how much I used it.  It really is not
hard to listen to both.  It is just different QRM.  I was always hesitant with
my hearing on how that would work.  No problems.

MB was the last one for the sweep.  I was sweating that one out.  Then a
station /VE4 called and I was set!

Complaint Department:

- Stations not sending the full exchange.  Several think that not sending your
callsign in the way to go.  Last time I read the rules it was part of the
exchange.  It is getting worse.

- Stations sending the exchange out of order.

- SO2R Ops that think they own a frequency even after you have made five QSO's
on it, they still want it back.  Unbelievable!

73, John  K0TG