[3830] SS CW K4TD Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rnwalker@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K4TD Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 22:27:12 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4TD
Operator(s): KY4F, VE7ZO, NW4G. K4TD
Station: K4TD

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Harvest, AL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    2
   80:  605
   40:  609
   20:  116
   15:   79
   10:
------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

This was the third consecutive operation from the K4TD QTH in the CW SS.  We
have discovered that Huntsville, AL is not in the best location for the SS but
are learning each year to make the best of the locale.  Focusing our efforts on
40 and 80 meters paid off this year with higher Q's and made us feel that we
didn't leave much unworked.  Although the 20M results are somewhat pitiful,
both 40 and 80 meters had over 600 Q's and represented perhaps the best
strategy for our region.  20M was packed but 15M provided the better run
opportunities.

The run station suffered from a failure in the computer on Saturday evening
(right in the middle of prime time) that severely restricted our operating rate
until NW4G rushed to provide a replacement.  After four hours we were able to
return to a multi platform that worked well for the remainder of the contest.

We always enjoy the contest and operating together.  This year we celebrated
the end to a successful contest with the continuation of our tradition.  A
great bottle of 12 year old Glennfarclas was the prize.  It really doesn't get
any better than that...

73,

Rick, Doug, Jim and George
K4TD, KY4F, VE7ZO, & NW4G