[3830] SS CW W1ECH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ech@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W1ECH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 04:24:45 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W1ECH
Operator(s): W1ECH
Station: W1ECH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Green Mountain Wireless Society

Comments:

Made my usual effort, with my IC-746, an 80-meter all band wire, and fixed 40
meter wire beam aimed west. My SO2R setup, which I first designed and built for
the 1980 SS, was not used.

Conditions seemed pretty good.  I was faced with a pile-up on Saturday night on
80, with signals were coming from every call area at once. I enjoyed hearing
"TNX VT", and was happy to hunt and pounce, too, perhaps giving a few people a
kick toward the end!  Missed VY1, but heard him a few times on 20.  He was VERY
weak here on 15.

I have to say how nice it is to hear so many familiar calls and swap dits with
the c.w. ops out there, even to work that special call for W4KFC. May c.w. SS
be with us forever.