[3830] SS CW N5DO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5do@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N5DO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 05:23:30 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  263
   40:  294
   20:  479
   15:   32
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

This is always my favorite contest, probably because I have been close to my
goal each time but have never accomplished it.  I always aim for a top ten
finish, but have never made it.  Once I came in 11th and several other top 15.
Maybe I will make it this year since Mike, K5NZ, had antenna problems and
dropped out after 8 hours. His spot in the top 10 becomes available.

After 3 hours I had to quit for 3 hours to attend a work related event, so I
missed one or two hours which usually have great rate.  I had 257 QSOs at the
end of the first 3 hours, but never again had great rate like that.  The other
problem I had which distracted me from the main goal of working lots of people
(I have to remind myself of the goal because from time to time I focus on other
goals) was a subgoal of working all 80 sections.  I heard VY1EI several times,
but seriously pursued him twice, on 15M and 20M.  On 15M he was fairly strong
and I kept thinking I will get him next call.  30 minutes later I finally gave
up.  Later he was booming in on 20M.  I thought "I'll get him quickly this
time," but 20 minutes later I gave up again.  That's close to an hour which
would have been better spent trying to make QSOs.

I decided to join the K3 bandwagon.  It is due to arrive this week, so I
imagine I have a learning curve ahead of me.

I think Bill, KE5OG, and I will operate the SSB SS as a multi-op again this
year.  We look forward to working you again.