[3830] SS CW VO1HP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vo1hp@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] SS CW VO1HP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 06:20:46 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: St.John's NL
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   44
   40:  171
   20:  462
   15:    7
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

Missed ND & NWT again! ... would gladly have exchanged one of the four AK's and
four PAC's.

Didn't mean to stay around for this much time but got carried away by the
pileups....hope not too many are dissappointed about not getting through.
Tried by numbers for a while but that proved to be annoying and slow and too
hard to control.  Max rate by N1MM was 3Q's/min.

Had several times when my USB keyboard stopped working ...solution - unplug and
start again.  That worked Ok but interuppted the forward rush!

During the afternoon had to fight my brain who wanted to take a nap....found
myself imagining exchanges and then suddenly realizing that I hadn't actually
copied what was just sent.

Also when in full flight it amazing how your brain can fix on the pattern of
the exchange  ... numbers - one letter - call - two numbers - two letters.
That is until some guy comes along and takes a short cut and doesn't use his
call in the exchange ... for me thats not playing by the book!

Still trying to figure out how W1MX can have a CHECK of 09!