[3830] SS CW VA2WDQ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VA2WDQ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:46:21 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VA2WDQ
Operator(s): VA2WDQ
Station: VA2WDQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: nr.Montreal
Operating Time (hrs): 21.9

------------
  160:    0
   80:  416
   40:  163
   20:  233
   15:   21
   10:    0
------------

Club: Contest Group Quebec

Comments:

Rig: Yaesu FT-1000 (upgraded to "D")
ANT: 2 el. MQ-26, Inv-L 9m up

I hope we gave QC to everyone during the contest)) The following stations from
Quebec were active in the test:

VA2WDQ,VA2SG,, VE2XAA, VE2OP, VE2FK, CK2AWR (op.VE2AWR) and few more..

That my first time SS. The EXCHANGE looks really heavy and it's not easy to
RX/TX as in other contests. I think that will be more reported mistakes in
EXCHANGE than in other tests. After couple hours I got bad rate on 20m/40m  -
just 36QSO/hour and I wanted to quit. But I have decided to continue but in a
relaxing mode (more time on CQ then S/P) as to get a good practice before CQ
WW. I didn't work all 24 hours. I took one extra hour for sleep. And I took one
hour for a beautiful Sunday dinner prepared by my girlfriend with a bottle of
wine .

The 80m band was unbelievable nice during the first night. I have started the
contest on 20m S/P but couldn't get a good rate. The propagation was not good.
Then I have QSY to 40m. The same thing! Strange but on 40 it was also very hard
to get every QSO. So the rate after 2 hours was really low - just 36 QSO/hour.
But then I QSY to the 80m I got real joy. So the rate was never coming down 60
QSO/hour. Sometimes it was up to 110 QSO/hour! So I went to sleep at around
02:30 PM with 400 QSO in the log.

Next day was great for all other bands except 80m ))) The 20m was absolutely
amazing before 8PM. I tried to repeat the Saturday's rate but it was
impossible. 80m was noisy and it was a challenge to get every exchange. And
there were not too many players.

73! es CU