[3830] SS CW VE1OP SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VE1OP SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:59:06 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE1OP
Operator(s): VE1OP
Station: VE1OP

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NS (MAR)
Operating Time (hrs): 16

------------
  160:
   80:  123
   40:  148
   20:  341
   15:  151
   10:
------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Had a blast while I was on, but just couldn't get into this one for the long
haul for some reason...Missed 8 hours as a result...Stuck it out until the 120k
mark, plus a few for the log-checkers...

Once again I missed the sweep by one...No NT in the log this year...Heard VY1EI
on 20 a few times, but the signal was not strong and the pileups were unruly, so
decided to go back to running, which obviously nets more points...Never heard
any NT on 15 at all, but had a great couple-hour 15m opening Sun afternoon to
the left-coast...

Most worked sections:

VA - 41
IL - 37
OH - 36
MDC- 31
MN - 30

Have 4 MAR logged, so I guess we were well represented this year...

Don't know what happened in 1978, but there sure is a dramatic drop in the
number of CK's after that date...It's amazing to look at those stats...1958 was
a popular year to be licensed for some reason with 41 CK's in the log from that
year...1962 is next at 34...

CK's by decade:

20's - 1
30's - 7
40's - 14
50's - 215
60's - 229
70's - 179
80's - 47
90's - 47
00's - 24

Be interesting to compare these with the SSB version...I suspect the curve's
drop-slope won't be so steep in the 80's, 90's and 00's...

PR's worked:

A - 358
B - 169
U - 138
Q -  66
M -  30
S -   2

Had one station give me a PR of C (I asked twice for a repeat)...Not sure what
that was all about, but I logged what he gave me...He was from SFL, so they can
dump that Q if they want to...

To the "Q" guys, all the power to you, but I agree with others, there should be
extra points for copying a kittens whimper in a den of roaring lions...:-)

A final word:

To N4**...You will NOT win a frequency fight with me, cuz I don't give up...You
should know that by now as you have tried at least a dozen times in the last
couple years to take advantage of me being spotted and then parking 1/5 KC away
and calling CQ...You were 20 over 9 with me, so I was strong on your
end...Anyway, I was happy to waste 15 minutes of your time, then carry on with
my run...AGAIN...

Had fun, looking forward to WAE RTTY and WW CW...Gotta love November...

73, Scott VE1OP