[3830] SS CW N7OU(@K7ZSD) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7ou@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N7OU(@K7ZSD) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 19:57:53 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N7OU
Operator(s): N7OU
Station: K7ZSD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NW Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  135
   40:  392
   20:  512
   15:   71
   10:
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

I missed ND for the Sweep. With 2 minutes left in the contest K0RC called me,
and I knew from a little pre-contest research that he had operated from ND in
the past. This was too good to be true, I thought. And it was--because this
year
he was a common old MN. Not getting the Sweep was disappointing, but it was
hugely satisfying to break 1100 QSOs.

I went over to Brads big station a couple days before the contest to see his
set-up and do a little practicing. One of the neatest features at K7ZSD is a
touchscreen for instantly selecting antennas and switching them between the two

radios. And we're talking about antennas that are huge and high.

I operated straight through the first 12 hours and went to bed with 600 QSOs.
In the morning the computer started sending erratic code, and Kevin K7ZS, who
was also staying over, helped me set that right. For me the second radio takes

the boredom out of SS on Sunday. Brad and Kevin were working on a big amp and
cheered me on from the sidelines. Brad liked to remind me to use that
touchscreen and make more use of all the antennas available. Choices, choices!

Many thanks to Brad and Ruth for welcoming me and putting up with another
obsessive contest operator.

73 Bill N7OU