[3830] SS CW W5RU(@KN5O) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kn5o@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W5RU(@KN5O) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 20:26:10 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W5RU
Operator(s): K1DW KN5O
Station: KN5O

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  133
   40:  623
   20:  219
   15:   13
   10:
------------

Club: Delta DX Association

Comments:

Well, we had a very slow start on 20M and were very dissapointed.  Tried to run,
but to our surprise, found it a waste of time.  So we began to S&P, which worked
ok, but the Q-rate was lousy.  After a few hours of trying 20M, we went to 40M.
Big difference there as we could run.  Then went to 80M, for a couple of hours
and took a 2 hour break @ 0900z.  Picked back up on 80M, then went to 40M, 20M
and 15M in that order.  But we never could get any real long runs, so we mostly
did S&P with N1MM.

Glad to have VY1EI call us on 40M as we were sweating the NT section.  Had to
endure only a couple of pileups on KE0A and VO1HP (the latter of which gave us
our clean sweep @ 14:08z Sunday).

Anyway, it was our first attempt at SS CW multi-op.  Lots and lots of room for
improvement.  Still trying to come up on the learning curve on the new radio
and N1MM.

Thanks for the Q's. See ya'll for the SS Phone.

73
K1DW (Dallas) & KN5O (Ted)