[3830] SS CW K8CC Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8cc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8CC Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 08:13:18 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): K8CC, K8GT
Station: K8CC

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  505
   40:  356
   20:   90
   15:   77
   10:    0
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

SS CW is my favorite contest of the year.  It's great to work the regulars you
work every year, but also to see new people join in.  Activity seemed better
than normal, probably because of the P.R. efforts by the ARRL.  Let's do that
every year.

K8MM came over the weekend before the contest and swapped in a good rotator
under the 3L 40.  The rotator is not ordinarily needed in SS from MI, but at
least it serves to hold it west during SS.  Thanks Ian!

Sunday morning, K8GT on 40 couldn't get anybody to answer him.  We monitored
his sig on the other radio and found the FT-1000D was simply going key down
(even though its CW sidetone sounded correct).  The radio keyed fine on other
bands, and when we moved it back to 40 the problem was gone.

Cockpit errors:

- Operating the first 2-1/2 hours of the contest on 40 with the amp in
standby.
- Running for a hour on 15 Sunday afternoon with the amp off
  (we forgot to turn it back on from Saturday night).

Still, a great weekend.  Thanks for all the QSOs and packet spots.

73,

Dave/K8CC
Gerry/K8GT