[3830] SS CW N6WG Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N6WG Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 12:05:49 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:    0
   80:   77
   40:  110
   20:  148
   15:   29
   10:    0
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I really enjoyed this SS.  Conditions seemed fairly good, and
my local noise was low Friday night.  It was raining and seemed
to quiet down whatever was causing my local noise level.

I was able to work stations in the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico,
which is always fun.  At 76 mults, this is the closest I've come to a
sweep so far.  The four I missed were MB, NL, NT and QC.

Good old TRLOG worked very smoothly, even though the operator
committed a few fumble-finger errors.  Everything recovered smoothly,
though, with no problems.  Operation was mainly S&P.  CQing didn't
seem productive this time out.

As you would expect, 20m and 40m were my money bands, although I did
manage 77 QSOs on 80 cw as well.  15m was very disappointing, with
only 29 QSOs.

Early Sunday afternoon, I thought my antenna had broken.  For some
reason, I was unable to get any replies to my calls.  Must have been
a form of one-way propagation, as after a couple of hours, things
picked up again and I was making QSOs at a good rate (for me).

Now to rework my station in preparation for SS Phone.
Thanks for all the Qs.  Hope to work you all again on SSB.
73, Bob N6WG