[3830] SS CW K0HC(W0BH) School Club HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K0HC(W0BH) School Club HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 07:31:24 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: K0HC

Class: School Club HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  451
   40:  449
   20:  312
   15:    6
   10:
------------

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

A very enjoyable weekend representing Hesston College. Bands were quiet (but
crowded) and propagation was good on 20, 40 and 80.  Loud signals on 15, but
always the same ones with CQing there not productive from Kansas.

Shortly after the contest started, a loud hum developed in my audio line. It
took me awhile to isolate the problem and cost me a number of Qs the first few
hours before a wire tie fixed things temporarily. Most of the "difficult"
sections came early, so nine hours in, 79 sections were in the log. After that,
it was a long wait until 1808 UTC when VE6EX came through with the sweep. Rare
sections for me were ND and NL with 1 contact each, and NE, PR, and VI with 2
contacts each.  VA with 66 contacts took top honors followed by IL/57 and
MDC/56.

Enjoyed working other schools including W8EDU, W8SH, W6YX, W1MX, and KU5B.  A
special welcome to N9GTC, Gateway Technical College, for joining the fun. This
year, Hesston College has a team of 8 students looking forward to operating the
SSB Sweeps with lots of practicing and antenna projects yet to do. Hope to work
you all again in two weeks!

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc
Hesston College Amateur Radio Club