[3830] WAE RTTY K6GEP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY K6GEP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:54:36 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 13

   80:   27   27          40
   40:   79   79          54
   20:   81   81          52
   15:    8    8          14
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  195  195    0    160  Total Score = 31,200

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

The K index was at 4 during most of this contest, so that took some of
the fun away.  80 and 40 were difficult.  Not much QSB or QRN, just that
most of the East Coast stations couldn't hear me.  Maybe it was the hurricane
on their end?

I almost entered the CWAE (Can't Work Any Europe) Contest, but a QSO with
superstation F6HKA at 1 hour before my sunrise on 20m saved the day.  That
was it for Europe.  Good openings to JA.

Lots of activity at 3AM local time on 40m - it was worth getting up for.
15m was half-way open.  Not great.

No new DXCC or band counters.

LOTS of new American callsigns on RTTY!  Welcome to RTTY Contesting!  This
is a good omen for RTTY Roundup!

Gripe:  People who think they can send their serial number just once.

I really need to force myself to do this QTC thing.  Just a matter
of learning it.  Next year!

I can't believe this is the second to last RTTY contest of the year!
See you in the OK-DX Contest December 20th!

Rig:
FT-990

Ants:
80 meter dipole sloping from 50 feet  (improved)
40 meter inv vee at 50 feet
20 meter dipole at 20 feet oriented NE
15 meter dipole at 25 feet

Software: