[3830] SS SSB W4KAZ SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kazeringue@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W4KAZ SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 20:04:51 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W4KAZ
Operator(s): W4KAZ
Station: W4KAZ

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 19

------------
  160:    0
   80:  334
   40:  142
   20:   34
   15:   25
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Murphy lives.  Anybody want him?

I lost time at the start of the contest by not being prepared.  Getting sick
too. Once I finally got started, I got some reports of muffled audio on 80m, so
I changed RF horses in mid stream.  All wet.  So I missed some of the early run
on 80 Saturday evening, and didn't really get switched over to the 2nd radio
until after the super stations had moved in for the evening.  Not conducive to
low power op.....

The good news is that the leaves were all too wet to hustle out of the yard, so
I had a great excuse to operate rather than rake the lawn.  Murphy has a sense
of humor.

Saturday was a lot of S&P during the day, picking up mults when they were easy.
 I didn't get a sweep.  I did use packet this year so I did get more mults than
last year without spot assistance.  The score is just under the 2007 total.
QSO count is 50+ lower.  (Boooo!  Hisss!)

Curious Discovery of The Week:   Spotting folks is more fun than using the
spots.  I spent a slow stretch running up the band spotting anybody not on the
band map.  Maybe it will pay dividends one day.

Thanks to all of the folks who worked to help me out.

Missed:  MS, ND, AK, MB, NT.  Didn't look or try too much to get them.  Murph
took all of the serendipity too.