[3830] SS SSB K6NV SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6nv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K6NV SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 20:26:25 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6NV
Operator(s): K6NV
Station: K6NV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SV - Truckee, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 16

------------
  160:
   80:   95
   40:  110
   20:  175
   15:  222
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Another first for me, a sweep on SSB, unless the log checkers get to me I may
get 2 mugs this year.  Got NT late Sunday afternoon on 20m, frst call and low
power.  Wanted to break 100,000 pts, but Sun evening after 40 mintues going
back and forth on 80 and 40 the Q's just weren't there.

Saturday night was tough here, S-9 noise on 80, 40 was fairly quiet, but long
skip, the mid-west and east must have gone to bed.

Interesting today as the bands were changing I went to 40m and kept receiving
thanks from many about having a loud signal, has to be the "duct" from the
sierra's north and east.   On 15m I was able to hold a run freq as long as I
wanted and felt loud.  With this "pea shooter" station in the past it has been
a struggle at times.

Thanks to all the spotters, it sure made a difference.

Lineup:

FT-1000MP
AL-80b throttledback to about 800w
3 el yagi up 60'