[3830] SS SSB VY1EI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, VY1EI@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VY1EI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:09:30 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VY1EI
Operator(s): VY1EI
Station: VY1EI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NT
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:    1
   20:  749
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

-Icom 756 Pro III
-Ameritron AL-811H - 600 watts
-Cushcraft AS-3 Tri-bander @ 60 feet
-Alpha Delta 40 meter dipole

This was my second SSB sweepstakes. My last year as a rookie, hihi. I had a lot
of fun. I'm getting more experienced with handling pileups. I felt no need to
QSY when it got intense, I just toughed it out and called for sections. I
didn't search for sections until I was down to two remaining. I didn't get PR.
I heard him on 14340 but he sounded distant -- I knew he wouldn't hear me so I
went for points instead. A station from VI tried to get my attention during a
pileup by saying "Virgin Islands". Now that technique works.

Looking at some of the 3830 posts it seems that *alot* of contestants got their
sweep.

I hope to see many of you in two weeks at CQ WW DX CW.

Eric
VY1EI
NT section