[3830] SS SSB W1ECH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ech@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W1ECH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 02:49:54 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W1ECH
Operator(s): W1ECH
Station: W1ECH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VERMONT
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Green Mountain Wireless Society

Comments:

Rig: IC-746
Antennas: 80 meter all band wire with tuned feeders for 75, 20 and 15, plus
3-element wire beam aimed west on 40.
Logging program: N3FJP

Happy to hand out VT to several who seemed happy to hear me.  It was very windy
here all weekend, but the antennas stayed up!  Conditions seemed quite good here
on 75, 40 and 20, with some good times on 15, as well.  It was wonderful to find
VY1EI early on, but I had to look for a KP4 on Sunday to get my sweep.
Thankfully, I finally worked two of them. I look forward to getting that 75th
anniversary "Clean Sweep" whisk broom to hang next to my 50th anniversary
"Clean Sweep" whisk broom, and will certainly want to add the special mug to my
collection.

I'm sure many other old timers got a thrill from hearing W3GRF and W4KFC on the
bands again in the Sweepstakes, but I must say that I vastly prefer c.w.!