[3830] SS SSB N6HC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6HC@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N6HC Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 03:01:39 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N6HC
Operator(s): N6HC
Station: N6HC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ORG
Operating Time (hrs): 20.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:  127
   40:  452
   20:  625
   15:   96
   10:    0
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

With the wild fires of Los Angeles and Orange counties burning out of control,
it was a good weekend to spend indoors to avoid the poor air quality of the
southern California basin. I was able to look out of the shack window in a
northernly direction to see an enormous plume of dark gray smoke rising into
the sky and drifting to the south and west of my location.  There is ash
raining down everywhere.  The swimming pool in my back yard looked like an
angry ocean due to the howling winds whipping up small whitecaps. I was able to
muster almost 21 hours in the chair.  Another section sweep was accomplished
with the last multiplier (Puerto Rico) found on 15 meters very late into the
contest.  The station played flawlessly, including my trusty 486-66 MHz DOS
computer and TR v.679.  The winds relented enough to allow rotation of my
"stack" (Mosley TA-34 XL and KLM 2 element 40 meter yagi).
Thanks to all the stations that found their way into my log and apologies to
those who answered my CQs but were too weak for me to pull out of the ether
with my aging ears.
Best regards from the "Hotel California" de Arnie  N6HC.