[3830] SS SSB N0JK(@N0JJK) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0jk@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N0JK(@N0JJK) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:06:05 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N0JK
Operator(s): N0JK
Station: N0JJK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 3

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  27
   10:
------------
Total:  27  Sections = 10  Total Score = 540

Club:

Comments:

Had to work both days of the contest. I was able to operate "mobile" from my car
parked on the roof floor of the Hospital parking garage Sunday morning and again
some Sunday afternoon during breaks. Nice sunny 60 degree weather helped.

Antenna: 2M "5/8 wave mag mount whip" on car with a MFJ tuner

Rig:  FT-897 at 50 W

Despite the VHF whip being a very "marginal" antenna on 15 Meters,  I made 27
Qs with it including 3 in PAC section!  Signals were very loud at 1700 UTC from
California. A small "bump" in the geomagnetic field the evening before may have
helped.