[3830] SS CW W1MX(KB0VVT) School Club HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kb0vvt@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W1MX(KB0VVT) School Club HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 20:28:51 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W1MX
Operator(s): KB0VVT
Station: W1MX

Class: School Club HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 19

------------
  160:
   80:  252
   40:  200
   20:  241
   15:   34
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Hello Everyone,

We have a difficult time hearing stations, as Ryan or Ben stated in their 3830
SS Phone submission.  We even have quite a bit of noise on 20 meters using the
PRO-96 beam.  I am guessing that it might be due to all of the computer and
other electronic equipment on campus.

There may also be a problem with our 80/160 meter dipole.  I think we presently
load up the hundreds of feet of ladder line going to the 80/160 meter dipole as
a vertical antenna.

The campus is pretty big and it would be so wonderful if we could have a few
Beverage antennas for use during contests.  For SS it would be great to have
Beverage antennas pointing to Florida, Los Angeles, and Alaska.  I wonder if it
would be legal to install Beverage antennas with remote receivers at various
locations on campus and then use Skype and our network to access the antennas
and receivers?

Next year is the 100th anniversary for the MIT club station.  It would be
outstanding if we could make a great showing in SS CW and SS Phone in the
School category next year!  Perhaps some of the former MIT Radio Society Alumni
that are presently contesting can give us some tips on how to improve the
station to make an impressive showing next year.  Next year may be my last
Sweepstakes at MIT depending on where I attend Graduate School.

I am presently a junior at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).  My
major is Electrical Engineering or Course 6 as it is called here at MIT.

Thanks for working me during the contest,

Rebecca KB0VVT
Class of 2010