[3830] CQWW SSB N2IC SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N2IC SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:31:08 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:   34    12       25
   80:  185    22       69
   40:  491    31       89
   20:  912    34      112
   15:  586    32       94
   10:   51     6        8
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

If we can't have sunspots, at least we had quiet geomagnetic conditions. Best
160/80/40 meter numbers I have ever had in this contest. With many EU countries
now able to operate above 7100, 40 meters has turned into a clone of 20 meters,
with wall-to-wall USA and EU big guns packed into the 7125-7200 segment.
However, it also seems that a fair number of USA stations thought they could
transmit down to 7100 - and I'm not talking about the guys who "accidentally"
transmitted on the wrong VFO. A total of 2.5 hours of good JA on 15 made for
fun while it lasted.

Congrats to Kevin, N5DX, for keeping things lively in the 5th call area
competition.

Station: TS950SDX(2), Alpha 76PA, Alpha 76CA.
Antennas:
160 - 1/4 wavelength vertical, not enough radials
80 - 2 element wire beam switchable NE/SW, dipole
40 - M2 40M4LLDD @ 105'
20 - KT36XA @ 75', 5 el @ 60'
15 - 5 el @ 32'
10 - KT36XA @ 75'