[3830] CQWW SSB TK9R(IK8UND) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, salvatorefarina4@virgilio.it
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB TK9R(IK8UND) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 04:18:22 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: TK9R
Operator(s): IK8UND
Station: TK9R

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Ajaccio
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:  320    10       53
   80:  583    17       72
   40:  708    24       87
   20: 1490    39      128
   15: 1003    32      110
   10:   63     8       29
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

First of all, i have to thank Patrick, TK5EP, for his unpayable help and
assistance before contest. Also Santu TK1BI, was so kind to gave me big help
with computer and antenna setup. Rarely i have found a so big ham spirit.
The conditions were not too bad as i expected, except on 10 meters where i
never had a real minute of opening condition, biggest trouble: saturday
evening
the condenser in my tribander vertical burned, so i had to use a tuner and 400
w. in on 80 and 40 meters, losing a lot of my (little) potential. I was so sad
that i decided to sleep for several hours (may be too much), to have healthy
conditions on higher bands sunday. Best rate hour was 192 qso, sunday
afternoon. Highlights were ZL2OK worked on 80 meters,
and a beautiful run on 20 meters sunday morning, that allowed me to reach 39
zone on that bands. Missed zone 36, unfortunately the only station i heard (a
TR station) didn't hear me. Lot of west coast calls worked saturday afternoon
was also a nice surprise.
TK is unbeliaveble land, full of mountains, astonishing panoramas, and
beautiful sea, a real naturalistic pearl.
Thanks to everyone who worked me, has been a very nice experience.

73

TK9R (IK8UND)
Salvatore Farina
yaesu ft1000mp mkV Field
Alpha 99 amp
Create 318 4 elements tribander @ 10 meters
12,5 meters high tribander vertical on 40/80/160 meters (32 radials)