[3830] CQWW CW KO7AA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb0o@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KO7AA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 16:41:51 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KO7AA
Operator(s): KO7AA
Station: KO7AA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ARIZONA
Operating Time (hrs): 41
Radios: SO2R

  160:   34    14       20
   80:  143    24       63
   40:  518    33       83
   20:  886    32      100
   15:  108    24       44
   10:    2     2        2
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Just some random comments/thoughts while I'm in my sleep deprived condition:

* Third year in a row with no EU and almost no JA on 15. This was the worst
  10M has ever been. The 80M EU opening Saturday night was INCREDIBLE !!

* I worked the second radio hard this year. Last year's claimed score was
  1.996M reduced to 1.839M in the results. Maybe I should have put in more
  hours this year to get past the 2M mark, but I took my off times when I had
  run out of stations to work....

* My Alpha died during the CW SS. No time to get it fixed for the WW, so I
  bought a new Ameritron AL-82 with the 3-500ZG's. Right out of the box to
  the JA run station. It got a GOOD HARD workout and ran perfectly...

* New TEN TEC OMNI-VII worked great. The second radio is an OMNI-VI/TITAN

* The neighbor called and said I was triggering his oven timer and alarm.
  It seems that it is the 160M vertical. Another problem to look at...

* There were 751 Asian Q's, THANK YOU JA !!

What a great contest!!

73, Bill KO7AA in Tucson