[3830] CQWW CW WQ2N(@W2VQ) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pwhit007@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WQ2N(@W2VQ) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 17:06:40 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WQ2N
Operator(s): W2VQ WQ2N
Station: W2VQ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  885   101      336  Total Score = 1,066,717

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Operated all night Friday and into Saturday morning until we left to see family
the whole day. Left Saturday morning at 1500Z with 400Q. I took a nap in the
car because I did not sleep that night. I took a nap when we got down there and
enjoyed the visit after the nap. I still felt sleepy, but I could keep my eyes
open now. We ate dinner and played a game of canasta with my uncle, sister, and
grandma. We left at 9PM and got home around 1030PM and operated the whole night
and into the morning hours again. It was very slow, but thankfully for the TV
in the shack I watched a few shows and Nets encore! A TV in the shack
definitely helps during the sllllloooowwww hours.

I took a quick nap at 6AM till 9PM. Somehow I woke up on time...20M was wide
open. I tryed running for a few and it worked until a Z4 station thought he
could operate on a freq. .2 away. I got on 15M and got some EU and quite a few
AF stations. My goal after realizing I could not operate the whole weekend was
to do better than last year. This seemed tough considering I missed half the
day Saturday. Sunday morning provided many multipliers and finally got over the
1Meg mark late afternoon. My dad provided many multipliers and kept the station
on when I was off and Friday night also.

Have identical numbers from last years CQ WW. Hopefully it will stay above 1M
this time after log checking.