[3830] CQWW CW N6WG SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N6WG SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 17:11:46 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    8     4        4
   80:   21     7        7
   40:   59    15       16
   20:   90    16       18
   15:   20     9       12
   10:    2     1        1
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

SOAPBOX: I really enjoyed this DX contest.  Just entered for fun, and
SOAPBOX: to hunt for any new countries that might show up.  I went
SOAPBOX: through the listings for countries that would be on for the
SOAPBOX: contest, and even checked the propagation programs for the
SOAPBOX: best times to work these countries.  Wouldn't you know, I
SOAPBOX: never heard even one of them.  Mostly it was just the usual
SOAPBOX: suspects.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: I was really disappointed in 10m.  I had just put up a 5-element
SOAPBOX: yagi, and was hoping to see how it worked in battle.  I only
SOAPBOX: heard/worked two locals and that was it for the weekend.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: I set myself a goal of 200 QSOs and 50,000 points.  I beat
SOAPBOX: the points, but just made 200 Qs exactly.  Then I quit and
SOAPBOX: took my xyl out to Sunday lunch.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: Thanks to the patient souls who stuck with me to complete QSOs
SOAPBOX: when the QSB set in.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: See you in the next contest.
SOAPBOX: 73, Bob N6WG
SOAPBOX: The Little Station with Attitude