[3830] CQWW CW KE1FO SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ke1fo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KE1FO SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 18:14:53 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KE1FO
Operator(s): KE1FO
Station: KE1FO

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

  160:    3     2        2
   80:   84    15       44
   40:  142    23       80
   20:  361    22       90
   15:   47    13       34
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Great time.  Had a short run on 80 on Saturday evening.  Nice run on Sunday AM
on 20 - got there too late on Saturday AM, but still ran for a short while.
Lots of fun, and glad to see my CW is really improving.  Not much I has to
really listen hard to copy, and most guys calling me while I was running I
could copy on the 1st try.  The few times I had multiple callers I was fairly
easily able to copy enough to get only one guy to come back.  All the equipment
worked flawlessly.  Most of my SO2R was watching the mults build on a 2nd band,
seeing which ones I could hear and deciding when to leave my run freq to go
catch some new ones.  Nice to work lots of the African mults - some through big
piles.  I've learned that getting through a pileup is less about being loud or
sending your call lots, and more about listening and deciding on a strategy of
how to call successfully.  Never spent more than a few minutes in a pileup, and
I only left a couple unsatisfied.  Highlights were being able to run on 80,
having a great run on Sunday AM on 20, and working 80 countries on 40 and 90 on
20.  Lookign forward to the next one!

Till then,

73 de Al, KE1FO

--

Visit ke1fo.wordpress.com for a more detailed writeup in a few days as well as
other stories of contesting and station building from the beautiful West Coast