[3830] CQWW CW N6WS SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6ws@n6ws.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N6WS SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 18:41:49 -0800

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Software : N1MM Logger V8.11.2
     Rig : Yaesu FT-1000MP Field
           Ameritron AL-1200
Antennas : Cushcraft X-9 @ 17m
           Shortened 40m Dipole (X-940) at 17m
           80m 1/4 wave sloper at 12m
 Soapbox : I spent 13.6 hours searching and pouncing.  Most of the QSOs on 20m,
15m, & 10m were at low power to avoid some local interference issues.  The
highlights of the contest were working 3 Qs on 10m, working HC8N on 5 out of
six bands, and having good openings on 80m and 40m to Europe.  The openings on
40m to Europe started 3.5 hours before our sunset.

Operator(s) at 3X and D4 were amazing.  They surprisingly copied my signal
after just a few calls.

I sure hope the propagation on the higher bands starts improving soon!!!

My thanks to the organizers for another fun contest, and to all the DX
operators for pulling my signal out of the noise.

73, Bill