[3830] CQWW CW N5IA(@N5BG) SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N5IA(@N5BG) SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:53:29 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N5IA
Operator(s): N5IA
Station: N5BG

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:  214    21       57
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

This was a shakedown cruise prparing for the ARRL 160 next week.  A new PC, new
logging software (to me setting it up), and a new interface to the new K3.

The first 5 hours were spent mostly finding what problem was causing
intermittent keying (and then no keying) on the WinKey USB interface.  So there
was a lot of good EU opening that was lost.  On top of that I had worked all day
Friday so I gave in at 0900 Z.

The 2nd night was a full one; 14 hours.  Lots of stations heard that I could
not contact.  Probably another 15 more, and three zones, above the reported
total in my score.  These stations wre the Eastern EU and Western Russian
stations plus the Far East this morning; VR, BA, BU etc.  No VK heard.

Both nights a lot of time was spent learning the MO for the K3 2nd RX and the
diversity receiving.  It was good time used.

Thanks for all the contacts.  73 de Milt, N5IA