[3830] CQWW CW P49Y(AE6Y) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andrewfaber@ymail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW P49Y(AE6Y) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:10:22 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: P49Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: P49Y

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:
   80:
   40: 3626    32      116
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

These are preliminary numbers, as my program didn't seem to understand new mults
like E7.  As compared to last year, Qs are up by 350 or so, score is just
slightly up, but mults are down by 2 Zones and 10 countries.  Don't know why,
but although I seemed to have worked every ham in DL and YO, never heard a
single Zone 1!
  But conditions were excellent with the band open from solidly from about two
hours before sunset until two hours after sunrise.
  As usual, contesting from Aruba is a social event. We had an excellent post
contest dinner last night with W2GD (P40W), K0DQ (P40Q) and Donna, AI6V (P49V)
and AI6YL, P43JB and Yvonne, and P43P and Katrin.  Not to mention Thanksgiving
with some of the above plus P43A and P43C and ribs with P43L and Lissette.
  The new Force 12 2el 40 at 75 feet played well, and our 4 new beverages with
a common feedpoint 800 feet from the shack were terrific receiving antennas.
Thanks to KX7M and W6LD for spending many hours in the thorny "cunucu" behind
the house to set up that system.
  The K3 also worked FB.  It's great to be able to operate very close to other
stations and not be bothered by them (unless they have key clicks, in which
case even the roofing filters of the K3 can't help).
  73 and thanks for all the Qs,
  Andy, P49Y, AE6Y
Rig: K3, Alpha 86, Force 12 el yagi, beverages
Logging: Cqpwin ver. 11.1